Today's Run: Just over 4 miles at marathon pace. Loved it. Felt a bit like flying.

"Journalism will never hold you."

One of my college professors said that to me on the last day of class. It was a literature to film class that required me to find unique analogies in filmmakers' interpretations of books and plays. I loved it. I was so deeply absorbed that I became temporarily obsessed with every version of Romeo and Juliet I could get my hands on. I wrote a dozen page paper just on the use of color in the films, detailing how it foreshadowed events, exaggerated character emotions and helped set the the tempo of each scene.

The thing I remember most from that class, though, was not Leonardo DiCaprio running around in Shakespearean tights. It was that one statement: "Journalism will never hold you."

Of course I was a journalism major at the time; almost double major in English. I was fully committed to my path and exceeded my own academic goals as a straight A student. But my professor stopped me in my tracks. I never thought beyond my university universe: Finish top of my class. Get a job right out of college. Become a successful writer and editor in the real world. I chuckled at the idea that I may go further than all that (I was thinking like a 20 year old), but I knew he was serious. I just couldn't fully comprehend his words.

I'm still thinking about it today. Only now I apply it to several aspects of my life. Am I pushing myself to my full potential at work? Am I doing all I can to make my loved ones happy? Can I really qualify for Boston?

Running is one area where I am proud to have broken through my little mold. 5ks didn't hold me. Half marathons didn't hold me. The day I finished a marathon... that was the day I opened a door to a world of possibilities. What began as a way to stay healthy and in shape (a means to an end) has turned into the fulfillment of a lifelong dream and an ongoing motivation.

I intend to think big and continue opening many more doors in the future. I hope others find the inspiration to do the same. Until then, choose your own adventure and trying telling yourself "Fill in the blank will never hold you." It will get you thinking.

Comments

01/21/2010 07:14

Nice blog! I made my own arm warmers, too. And I'm running Big Sur this year and can't wait! I saw that you ran it last year. My running challenge is to run a 3:50 someday, but not at Big Sur!

Robyn
01/22/2010 16:54

Ohhh, Big Sur! I still get goosebumps thinking about it. It's an amazing event. And that's an awesome goal! I don't blame you for wanting to save it for another day... You'll want to enjoy every step of Big Sur! :)

Yes I am agreeing with you that the fill in the blanks will not hold you but blank in the fills, that’s can hold you for your whole life. For avoiding this you should have to make your life a happy life with full of pleasures.

12/06/2016 00:05

Really, i appreciate the effort you made to share the post. The topic here i found was really effective to the topic which i was researching for a long time.

02/06/2017 05:34

I truly satisfied identified this site. Your blog content include lots of stuff as well as very good endeavors, my partner and i compulsorily giving this kind of to my own close friends.

02/13/2017 01:52

I never thought past my college universe: Finish top of my class. Land a position appropriate out of school. Turned into an effective essayist and proofreader in this present reality.

I genuinely fulfilled distinguished this site. Your blog content incorporate heaps of stuff and in addition great attempts, my accomplice and i necessarily giving this sort of to my own particular dear companions.

Running is one range where I am glad to have gotten through my little shape. 5ks didn't hold me. Half marathons didn't hold me. The day I completed a marathon... that was the day I opened a way to a universe of potential outcomes.

05/10/2017 05:04

Really, i appreciate the effort you made to share the post. Yes I am agreeing with you that the fill in the blanks will not hold you but blank in the fills.

Running is one zone where I am pleased to have gotten through my little shape. 5ks didn't hold me. Half marathons didn't hold me. The day I completed a marathon... that was the day I opened a way to a universe of conceivable outcomes. What started as an approach to remain solid and fit as a fiddle (a necessary chore) has transformed into the satisfaction of a long lasting dream and a progressing inspiration.

Running is one zone where I am satisfied to have become through my little shape. 5ks didn't hold me. Half marathons didn't hold me. The day I finished a marathon... that was the day I opened a route to a universe of possible results. What begun as a way to deal with stay strong and perfectly healthy (a fundamental task) has changed into the fulfillment of a dependable dream and an advancing motivation.

05/26/2017 05:51

Freedom app is an excellent app scrolling faster in the Android devices now

06/28/2017 05:02

Pokemon Go Wont Load, Tutu app won’t won’t Download, Unable to install, these are the general problems tutu app users generally experiencePokemon Go Wont Load, Tutu app won’t won’t Download, Unable to install, these are the general problems tutu app users generally experience

07/21/2017 04:20

For keeping away from this you ought to need to make your life an upbeat existence with brimming with joys. Running is one territory where I am happy to have become through my little shape. Half marathons didn't hold me.

08/16/2017 04:00

I am very comfortable and pleased to come here. Thank you very much.

09/06/2017 21:13

The word has come out and Covenant has made the top of the list as the most popular Kodi add-on in the last month and still remains on top of the list for September 2017. The most prominent reason being as the perfect replacement for Exodus as Covenant add-on has been formed by the same team of developers that introduced Exodus.

Dolphin Browser: Dolphin Browser includes fast loading speed along with ad blocker and flash player which enables you to get the best gaming and HD video experience without having any annoying ads. This wonderful web browser enables you to get easily navigate to YouTube, Facebook and much more at just the matter of one click. It includes multiple tabs bar which helps in switching between them easily by just swiping. This web browser enables you to navigate the incognito browsing i.e. private browsing without leaving any history. It also enables you to easily sync your history, bookmarks, and passwords so that you could have fast and safe web browsing. Sonar feature of this web browser enables you to makes searches through voice search.

09/10/2017 21:08

Whether they’re looking for “how to create a facebook account” or “how to block a stranger” or even when they’re looking for the best-in-class budget technology, we try our best to provide solution with our team of expert writers and technology professionals.

Geometry Dash v2.10.0 for Android is very popular and thousands of gamers around the world would be glad to get it without any penny. And we can help you To download the game for freee, we recommend you to select your phone model, and then our system will choose the most suitable apk files.Downloading is very simple. select the desired file and click download free Geometry Dash 2.1 apk, then select one of the ways you want to get the file. Just a few easy steps and you are downloading full version of the game for mobile or tablet.Geometry Dash Apk is a 2D platformer where you control a square that has to get to the end of different levels, avoiding the tons of different obstacles it encounters along the way.

Google Chrome: Google Chrome is the default home web browser in most of the android devices. It is one of the fastest, easiest and secure web browsers which provide you free unlimited streaming. This web browser includes built in google translators and auto fill options which enable you to get the best results. The amazing feature it includes is Incognito browsing which enables you to save your history, bookmarks, passwords and setting once done. When you get the sign into Google chrome you can seamlessly access your android device. This web browser enables you to get the fastest results. You can download videos and save them for future viewing when offline. It includes built in Google Safe Browsing function which keeps your handset safe by sending you alert messages when get navigated to dangerous sites or trying to get malicious files. Including typing, you can also make searches through just adding a voice command to your web browser. It is the hands-free and quicker way to navigate anywhere and anytime.

09/23/2017 14:40

Psiphon is a product of the Psiphon Inc. To provide you with uncensored access to Internet content, Psiphon utilizes VPN, SSH and HTTP Proxy technology that your Psiphon client will automatically come to know about new access points in order to maximize your chances of the bypassing censorship set by your internet service provider or your government.

Using Tinder without Facebook is an issue that everyone wants to be addressed, but it isn’t possible to use tinder without syncing it to your Facebook account. But as of now, there is no way to un-sync your tinder with Facebook. Only changes in privacy settings can be made. In Facebook privacy settings for the option tinder the visibility can be set to ‘only me.’ Otherwise, another Facebook account could be created. Or else in tinder privacy settings you can deselect the option ‘show me on tinder social.’ By these, your privacy can be managed to a certain level.

Thanks for such a great post and the review....

09/28/2017 08:14

I really appreciate the research you put into it.

10/01/2017 11:04

Tutuapp Apk: After the release of exciting models of smartphones into the market, most of the people started using them. Android mobiles are provided with the best store known as Google Play Store where you can get the list of various applications. But the thing is Google Play Store does not allow you to install third party applications like Pokemon go, Nintendo games, lucky patcher etc. You need to get it by downloading apk file from the internet browser and install any application on your device. It might not be the easy task for everyone to download the apps by following the above process. So I have searched the web and found an interesting application called Tutuapp Pokemon go apk. If you are willing to download third party applications then Tutuapp is the best choice I would like to suggest you. Download tutuapp apk latest version from here.